Wednesday 6 May 2015

Toile 2.0 and Print

[Developed stand work]

[Samples in stand work]


[Prints]

After playing around with a few different sleeves, and slowing adding on bits to the front of the jacket I finally came up with this shape. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out and the samples fitted well into it. As said previously, I am especially happy with the asymmetrical sleeve, and I feel the lumpy front of the jacket being on the other side balances it out well. I only made the front of this garment because I am undecided on how I want the back to be yet, so after a few more drawings I will go back to the stand and add it in.

After making this toile, I decided that instead of having it cropped as seen in the post before, I am going to incorporate it into a whole outfit. Having a cropped top underneath with perhaps a pair of trousers or culottes. As the layers are removed the more normal everyday outfit will be seen, a metaphor for my concept. However someone may look on the outside, underneath we are all the same. Designing this 'baby' included both the idea of a perfect structured look with irregular and abstract shapes that represented the silhouettes I created from my visits to the Hunterian Museum and the Tate, Time Conflict Exhibition. 

As my tutor Dan mentioned, some digital prints would bring it out to the next level. As I really liked how my earlier watercolour development of Cyril Caine's photography turned out, I decided to work with this. Unfortunately, I had painting in shades of yellow and green so I couldn't use the image straight. However, this was easily reformed by simply scanning it in and playing around with the hue and saturation on photoshop. I produced quite a lot of different versions but the four seen above were my favourites. I feel the zoomed in versions give a better idea for how I want them to be seen, as something beautiful not necessarily a physical deformity, but I decided to have two full to see how they compare after printing. I am going to get these prints done tomorrow as I was too disorganised to do them today and I forgot to sign up meaning there wasn't time for me to print. Something I felt I have really improved on within this project is my time management, even though I couldn't print them today I had sorted out all my fabrics for sampling and was ready to go tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment