Tuesday 21 April 2015

Paletting

[Mood boards of colour palette from WGSN]

After choosing my colours I decided to do a little more research around which shades worked together as well as checking on upcoming trends and inspiration. WGSN is a brilliant trend-update website that has a huge range of colours, textures, media and influences that will be used over the next 2 or 3 seasons in high fashion. As I assumed, orange is still very much on trend with shades such as peach and burnt hues coming in. The colour palette luckily ranged from blue to orange and I screenshotted as many images as I could in the two and created a colour mood board. On Monday, I will be visiting Berwick Street to colour match as many shades as I can, but also start to find materials that work together. As my designs are quite rough so far, I feel I can be pretty free with material choosing. I don't know whether I want my garment to be structured or not yet so after playing around with a few different materials this week I will have a better idea.

After a chat with Dan (my tutor), he suggested choosing a flowing material for the 'bulges' to make more a bellowing shape rather than a structured ball. I really like this idea, and once I've been material picking I can practice this on a few different materials. I may make a few samples within this idea in everyday materials like plastic bags and tracing paper to get a better idea of the level of structure I want and which materials work best within these 'lumps'. As explained in an earlier post I want to have this "birth" like effect of something inside something else, sort of a womb effect, but 'prettier'. 

As Berwick Street is most likely going to be pretty expensive I need to get a rough idea on a variety of materials and costs, this way if I choose to go with one or two more expensive materials I can shop around for them in other places and online to ensure I get the right material.





No comments:

Post a Comment