Sunday 26 April 2015

The Mutant


[Research videos]

[Personal Response]

These two videos were what begun my research in the first place, although I didn't want to 'go back' on myself as such, I wanted to ensure my development was still relevant. After focusing so much on abstract shapes, I wanted to create more of an instalment than more stand work. However, I did apply these pillow and towel shapes onto a body (my mum) to see what it would look like. It was pretty unsuccessful as the pillow was too heavy and she had to hold it instead of pinning it. I chose a pillow for the 'fluffy' appearance. The lumps and bumps appear soft and almost welcoming, playing with the juxtaposition of how subjective beauty is. To further this development, I will move to a duvet as the material mass is larger there is more leeway with how I can manipulate it. 

[Shapes on figure]











No comments:

Post a Comment