Tuesday 24 March 2015

Book Starting

Before I started my book, I wanted to make sure all my research was fluid and a good visual communication for my beginning ideas. This however has not stopped me recording, drawing and jotting down ideas when they came to me. For this, I have been using a smaller pad for the less "finalised" matter. After carefully selecting down my gallery images, artists notes and images and my personal responses, I transferred these to a bigger book today allowing me to pick and choose exactly what I wanted to put forward in this project. This small book will accompany me everywhere throughout the project, and it will be especially important when going to galleries. I feel I am on track with my plan for what I want to accomplish this week, I am ready to start working on the mannequin tomorrow and this weekend I will head to Berwick Street to fabric swatch. I feel it is very early on to material shop, so looking around for samples will help me push my designs. I have taken some calico home, so regardless of what I achieve this week in Uni time, my work on the stand can continue at home.

By the end of the last term's worth of projects, I felt I was starting to develop my design handwriting to what I hoped they would end up looking like. For this project, I decided to re-vamp my illustrations, whilst keeping the aesthetic of those used in my previous 'detail' project, as they were the ones that got the best reception from peers and tutors. I felt I needed to add in much more detail to the heads, make each model more personalised to the topic they were modelling for. With added facial features, hair styles and accessories the illustrations have started to come to life, below are the one's I felt represented 'Designer Babies' the best. Keeping ideas for illustrations throughout my mini sketchbook has allowed me to refer back to the ones I liked best. 



No comments:

Post a Comment